Saving new website passwords
Learn how to securely store website password information to remain safe online.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
You can add website passwords directly to the Password Boss app or from your web browser if you have the Password Boss extension installed. Password Boss supports popular browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera. Any browser that uses Chromium and the Google extension store should work with Password Boss. Password Boss automatically saves passwords as you type them in on websites. For the best experience, please install the Password Boss browser extension.
Saving website passwords from your browser
- Open your web browser and see the Password Boss browser button to the right of the address bar. Look for the green owl. In Safari, you will see a grey owl to the left of the address bar.
- Go to the login page for the website.
- Click on the Username field. Password Boss will ask you what you want to do. Choose Save login for this site.
- The next screen is where you enter your account details for this website. The Name field will default to the domain of the site you are on, but this can be changed to anything you like. Any email addresses that you have saved in the Personal Info section of Password Boss will show up in the Username / Email address section. You can choose from the list or enter a new username. You can choose a folder for the new password. Click Save when done.
- You will be returned to the website, and the username and password will be filled in for you.
- The next time you visit this website, when you click in the username field you will see the saved password, and if you select the saved password, you will be automatically logged into the website.
Saving website passwords while in the Password Boss App
- Open Password Boss.
- Go to the Password section of the app.
- Click on the orange circle to add a new password.
- For websites, be sure to select Website.
- The Add Website screen will open. The URL should be the URL to the login page for the website. The Name field is how the new password will appear in Password Boss. You can choose a folder for the new password. Enter your username and password for the website. Clicking Add Note will open a text field to save a note as part of the password.
- Click Save when you are finished.
Website Logos on the items
Password Boss can display the logo of many popular websites alongside your saved password. If a logo is unavailable, you can choose a color for your password by clicking the "Choose icon color" button.