Emergency Access overview
This overview provides a comprehensive look at how emergency access works in Password Boss.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Emergency Access allows you to pre-designate someone who can access your account in the event of an emergency when you cannot access your account yourself.
You can invite one person or multiple people to have emergency access to your account. You can also choose if your emergency contacts have access to your entire account or just selected items.
Choose Emergency Contacts Wisely
Choose your emergency contacts carefully, they will have full access to whatever you select!
How emergency access works
- You and your emergency contact need a Password Boss account. If your emergency contact does not have an account, we will help them make one.
- Choose if your emergency contact will have access to your entire account or just selected items.
- Specify a waiting period if you like. This is how long your emergency contact must wait before their account emergency access is active.
- Once you invite your emergency contact, they will receive an email invitation that they can accept or decline.
- Once your invitation is accepted, the setup is complete.
- You can view your emergency contacts in the Emergency section of Password Boss.
This is the process an emergency contact will use to request access to your account.
- In Password Boss, the emergency contact requests access in the Emergency section.
- The person who invited the emergency contact will receive an email notification regarding the access request.
- If the account owner sets a waiting period, access to the owner's account will be available after the timer expires.
- If there is not waiting period, then access will be available in a few minutes.
- Once access is granted, the emergency contact will see all of the items you granted access to in the Emergency section of their Password Boss account on the People Who Trust Me tab.
Customizing emergency access
Users can designate multiple emergency contacts. Each emergency contact can be given separate access to different items.
When setting up an emergency contact, a Password Boss user can choose to give access to their entire account or to just select items.
When an emergency contact is set up, the user creating the emergency access invitation decides whether or not to specify a waiting period. This waiting period must expire before the emergency contact can have access to data.