Importing passwords from your browsers
Discover how to quickly and securely transfer passwords from web browsers to a Password Boss.
Table of Contents
You can import passwords stored in your browser directly into Password Boss. Before clicking the Import button, we recommend that you click the Update URL during the import box to update all imported password items with the actual login URL of the website (instead of whatever is saved in the browser).
Supported Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Edge.
How to import passwords from your browser
- Open Password Boss.
- In the menu at the top of the window, click File > Import passwords > From Browser.
- In the popup window, click the drop-down arrow and select the browser containing the passwords you want to import. Chrome changed the way you import passwords in 2022, to get all of your Passwords imported from Chrome, see below
- Click the Next button to see a list of all passwords saved in the browser.
- In the next window, each password has a check in the box. Uncheck any passwords that you do not want to import. Check the Select All box to select all passwords. Uncheck the box to deselect all passwords.
- Click the Import button to import the passwords from this browser.
Chrome Browser Passwords
Importing passwords from Chrome
Password Boss can import your passwords from Chrome. You will first need to export the password from Chrome and then import the passwords into Password Boss.
Exporting your passwords from Chrome
- Open Chrome. and Click the menu icon Near the address bar select Settings.
Click Autofill and Passwords. Under the Password Manager header, click Settings.
Click the “Download file" in the Export Passwords section.
When prompted, enter the password you use to login to your computer, if prompted.
- Save the file to your desktop.
Importing your passwords into Password Boss
Open Password Boss and from the File menu, click Import Passwords->From File.
- In the "Select the application to import data from" select Chrome.
- In the second box, click the 3-dots button and select the file containing your exported passwords.
- Click Next.
- For business users, select the profile to which you want to import the passwords.
- Click Import.
- Be sure to delete your exported file after you have finished importing your passwords.