Deploying Password Boss Business for your entire team
Learn how to deploy Password Boss business—the powerful password manager for your entire organization—and protect your team's passwords..
Table of Contents
Installing the Windows app
Password Boss has an installer for Windows that can be run silently from another elevated process. This allows rapid installation of the Password Boss app to team members.
The Password Boss installer can be run remotely using an existing software deployment mechanism. This allows admins to install the Password Boss desktop application on the computers of multiple team members at once.
How do I download and run the installer?
- If you are a Password Boss Business admin and want to use the installer, first download the installer.
- The installer should be named Password_Boss.exe
- To run the installer silently on your local computer, add the /q2 parameter when you execute the installer:
- The installer automatically downloads the latest version of Password Boss from the Internet during installation, so your users are always installed with the current version.
- To deploy the Password Boss app to remote devices, invoke the installer with the silent option from your preferred software distribution solution.
All users must have administrative rights to their workstations for the initial installation of Password Boss. Using elevated rights will not work, as this will install Password Boss into the profile directory of the elevated user and not the logged-in user.
Installing the Mac app
If you have a software deployment tool for your Mac apps, you can easily distribute Password Boss as a silent install.
- First, download the Mac installer.
- The installer should be named PasswordBoss-Installer.pkg
- The silent install command line is
sudo installer -pkg /path/to/PasswordBoss-Installer.pkg -target /
- The installer will automatically download the latest version of Password Boss from the internet during installation, so your users are always installed with the current version.
- Users should visit the Password Boss download page.
- The web page will automatically start downloading the correct installer for Mac or PC. Open the file and double-click the Password Boss icon to start the installer.
- Follow the instructions to create or log in to an existing account.
Installing updates to the desktop apps
Windows and Mac apps have built-in update mechanisms that run in the background to install software updates when released automatically. Once the app is installed on your team's computers, it should automatically update itself to the current version.