Client On-Boarding Guide
A overview of the process for beploying to new clients
- Deploy AutoElevate System Agents. (see System Agent Installation).
- Evaluate and adjust the environment - Use the “Audit Guide” to evaluate the current security disposition of the computer environment and tighten privilege related security settings.
- Review UAC Settings. Turn UAC on and set the UAC User and Admin levels to 3, 4, or the desired level.
- Review use of active users permissions and look for machines where users operate with administrator privileges.
- Enable System Restore.
- Ensure Computers have Windows Update and Virus protection in alignment with best practice standards.
- Set one computer to “Live” mode and launch each software application. When requests come through, use the mobile or web based Notification application to Approve or Deny while making the desired rules for All Companies, Company, Location, or the Computer.
- Move or Copy rules from one of your other Companies. (see “Moving Rules” and “Copying Rules” in our support site documentation)
- After allowing the system to collect information on Agents running in Audit mode for several days examine the Events in the Admin Portal and determine if there are any computers, users, or applications which will require custom rules. Convert events into rules. (see “Creating Rules From UAC Events” in our support site documentation)